Privacy & Security
Last updated: March 27, 2020
Contact us regarding your information
What information do we collect?
When you interact with our websites, apps and other channels, we may collect information about you from three main sources:1. You may give us some of this information directly
2. We may collect information automatically from your interaction with our websites, apps and other channels
3. We may also obtain information from third parties.
2. Social media account credentials. When you ask us to post content from our websites or apps to a social network, we may collect your social media account credentials and other information contained in your public post including about our brand.
How and why is your information used?
We use the above described information we collect about you to pursue the following purposes, which are necessary for the performance of the contract between us to provide you with the products or services you requested or which we consider in our legitimate interests:
1. For statistical analysis of aggregated data to offer better websites/apps experience
2. To better understand the way in which our websites/apps are working and to create statistics in relation to the use of our websites/apps, services, stores and offerings in general
3. To help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our websites and apps
4. To provide you with an interactive social media experience and enable you to share content on social media to bring aspects of your social media community to our websites and apps
5. To track brand attractiveness and elevate your experience as a consumer.
In order to comply with our legal obligations and security of our website, we may also use some of your personal information to detect and prevent illegal uses, abuse, spam, security incidents and other harmful activity or government or court orders.
With whom do we share your information?
The following categories of trusted business partners may come into contact with your personal data and/or information:
1. Payment processing providers, who need to process your data in order to allow you to make online payments
2. Third party advertising and analytics companies who collect browsing information and profiling information and who can provide advertisements which are tailored to your interests
3. Social media companies, where you make use of social media features that are offered on our websites or apps
4. Added value service providers who provide their services via our websites or apps
5. Service providers who host and operate our websites, apps or other channels.
6. Associated industry for-profit and not-for-profit partners that IMG Enterprises partners with in their professional and community outreach
Our trusted business partners will be given limited access to your personal data as is reasonably necessary to deliver the services they are engaged to provide. Any trusted business partner that processes your personal data on our behalf will also commit to implement reasonable security measures.
In addition to the foregoing, please note that the third parties mentioned above will in many cases have their own statement regarding the collection and use of your personal data and information. We strongly advise you to carefully review these statements.
We may also be required to disclose your information to public authorities or other governmental agencies only to the extent this is permitted under data protection laws and is required by mandatory provisions in applicable laws.
Personal information we collect or process when you use our websites, apps or other channels may be stored or processed by IMG Enterprises group of companies or other recipients listed above in countries other than the country in which your personal information originally was collected. The laws in those countries may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the country in which you initially provided your personal information. However, please rest assured that we take legal, organizational and technical measures to protect your personal information.
How Long Do We Retain Your Information For?
The principle that we apply is that your personal information will be deleted when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Your information that we need to manage you as our customer will be kept for as long as you are our customer. We may indeed have to retain some transactional information for evidentiary purposes according to applicable laws as well as the information necessary to show that we acted on your request to terminate your account.
Our websites and apps do not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us and we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Information collected through cookies and web beacons to keep track of what products you viewed and what areas or pages you viewed on our websites or apps is called “analytics data”. We use analytics data to improve the design and content of our websites and apps, to help us learn things like what pages are most attractive to all of our visitors and what promotions visitors like to see, and to gauge the success of our advertising campaigns.
Interest-based advertising has become commonplace across the Web. It is the term we use for the activity that enables us to tailor ads to your interests and activities. Either IMG Enterprises or third-party advertising companies we work with may look at your browsing activity, such as the types of content you access, ads you click on, and searches you conduct. We can then infer certain interests you have and place ads and offer you deals that meet your needs. Our goal for interest-based advertising is to show ads to people likely to be interested in the products or services we offer. We believe these interest-based ads are more useful to you than randomly-generated ads because they are tailored to your shopping and product interests as indicated by your browsing habits.
We allow certain third-party advertising companies to collect information from browsers of our websites and apps and shopping information to use to serve interest-based ads. These companies are usually third party ad servers, ad agencies, technology vendors or providers of sponsored content. Using cookies and web beacons, these companies collect data from a particular browser about web viewing behaviors over time and across unrelated websites and use such data to predict user preferences and to deliver advertisements to that browser which are calculated to target that browser’s predicted preferences. We work with selected media and technology vendors for delivery of marketing services with whom we may share your email address to help them build and deliver to you marketing communication regarding our products tailored to your interests on third-party websites. We do not sell data to these third-party advertisers.
Finally, it is important to note that in most cases opting out drops an “opt-out cookie” on your browser. As a result, if you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies or use a different computer or Internet browser, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
Third-Parties Websites, Apps and Services
Our websites and apps may contain hyperlinks to and from websites and apps of third parties such as Facebook, Instagram or ApplicantStack. If you follow an hyperlink to one of these websites or apps or interact with them, please note that we cannot assume any responsibility or warranty for the third party content or data protection conditions, nor do we have any influence on this. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-parties websites and apps before you transmit personal information to these websites and apps.
IMG Enterprises websites and online services may use “cookies.” Cookies enable us to know which parts of our websites people have visited, help us measure the effectiveness of ads and web searches, and give us insights into user behavior so we can improve our communications and products. You can disable cookies in your web browser. Please check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. We use the following categories on our websites and other online services:
These cookies collect information about how you use our websites — for instance, which pages you go to most. This data may be used to help optimize our websites and make them easier for you to navigate. These cookies are also used to let affiliates know if you came to one of our websites from an affiliate and if your visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service from us, including details of the product or service purchased. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
These cookies are used to collect information about your visit to our site, the content you have viewed, the links you have followed and information about your browser, device and IP address.
Your rights and choices
With respect to your personal information, you have the rights to:1. Request access to and be provided with information on the processing of your personal information
2. Request corrections of your personal information if such personal information proves inaccurate or incomplete
3. Request, on legitimate grounds, your personal information to be deleted provided we are not under a legal obligation to keep these
4. Request, on legitimate grounds, the restriction of the processing of your personal information
5. Object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or to any processing which we would have grounded on our legitimate interest (e.g. profiling)
6. Withdraw your consent at any time where the processing of your information is based on consent
7. Receive personal information which you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those to another provider provided these are processed based on your consent or our contract
8. Lodge a complaint with your relevant data protection authority.
If you wish to exercise any of your above rights, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
With respect to our marketing emails, you can always click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any marketing email you receive from us.
Your web browser or mobile device may also provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device provides specific categories of information (for example geolocalisation data or cookies use).
Safeguarding your personal information
We maintain appropriate, administrative, technical, organizational and physical safeguards to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use, and other unlawful forms of processing.
We use industry recognized security technology for establishing an encrypted channel to pass information between two systems. This link ensures that all data (payment information, personal information) passing between your computer and our websites remain private and secure.