Chocolate-dipped tangerinesDecember 16, 2022
For the shrimp
- 1 lb of large peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
For the salad
- 1 grapefruit, sectioned
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced and quartered
Spring salad mix
- For the dressing
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground salt & pepper to taste
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook until light golden, about 2 minutes.
Add the shrimp and lemon juice and cook, stirring occasionally until done (about 3-4 minutes). Set it aside to cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the salad dressing. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl combine the salad mix, cucumber, avocado grapefruit and shrimp.
Drizzle with vinaigrette just before serving.